Denmark to Berlin


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Sjælland » Lolland
September 11th 2010
Published: September 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Crash Now SignCrash Now SignCrash Now Sign

Instruction to drivers to crash at next opportunity
Friday 10th September 2010

Up early and a short drive to the small port of Gedser to catch the ferry from Denmark to Germany ( Rostock ).
This trip is about the same as the channel crossing and costs about £100 one way.
The ferries are on a very quick turn round - 20 minutes from arrival to departure - unloading and reloading, very impressive and well organised. Lunch on board is good and reasonably priced setting us up for the journey to Berlin that follows.

The journey to our camp site near Berlin was fairly smooth until we got close to the Berliner Ring which is the equivalent of London's M25.

It appears that stretches of this feeder road have experienced high levels of accidents ( probably because numerous individuals driving powerful, usually german built cars ( you know the ones ) insist on driving like madmen at high speed in the outside lane of what is basically a dual carriageway pretending to be a motorway.

The potential hazard is indicated by signage showing one car running into another ( see pic ). This amused us until we came to the first of three accidents causing long tailbacks. It was almost as though having seen the the signs they were to be obeyed !

Finally we arrived at our chosen site situated close to a lake the facilities were fairly basic ( no jacuzzi ) compared with what we had been used to in Denmark but at only about a half hours train journey to Berlin it would be ok.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0872s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb