Day 44 - Brloh, Czech Republic


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Morning: Today is nature day! We decide to explore the beautiful woods in Brloh and there are lots of hiking trails all around. Of course we chose the shortest one which should take us 2hour plus to finish. We had a nice breakfast from Frank's mum and packed our hiking stuffs and set off w Frank and dad to the starting point. We had a slow walk and reached the point where they set up a signpost and a sign on the tree trunks to indicate where we should follow the trail. Then they left us cos they heading off to another hiking trail which will take them 4-5 hours and that should be for the hiking pros, not us novice.

Afternoon: The hiking trail took us to many different challenges and it was all pretty adventurous for us, like hiking thru thick bushes up the woods, going thru the many branches, climbing up the steepest slope almost 90° we almost died and getting lost cos the signs disappeared along the way. Then we decided to make a stop halfway thru and found a nice spot to lie on the grass and watch the cows graze at the open field and the sun was shining down on us so it was fantastic and relaxing time. Then the clouds decided to cover the sun up and we decided it was time to continue the next half of the hike back. That's when i started feeling really urgent and needed to go pee and realised there's nowhere to find a toilet in the woods so I finally did it! I peed in the woods! Very cool feeling and both of us joked about it after that...its quite exciting and fun actually, shld try it again sometimes. We got lost again somewhere along the way at least about 3 times and both of us ended feeling pretty frustrated cos in the end we took about 4 hours plus to finish a 2 hour hike which is expected in the first place but getting lost and walking back again is not that fun after all. We finally ended w a great aerial view of Brloh and walked back down the hills and reached Frank's house earlier than they did so we had to wait outside for about an hour before they returned at about 7pm.

Night: It's our last nite here and so we chatted w Frank about his amazingly huge collection of classic films and recent films that filled up his room. He has more than a thousand films he collected thruout the world and also 2 big books of films in English and also in Czech. Made me feel so unworthy being a film student and watching only a fraction of what he has watched. Resolution: Must stock up on my film knowledge and catch up on the missed films!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



13th May 2008

Yo
Amazing photos of this place!! So beautiful and peaceful!! :)

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1005s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb