Day 5


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 13th 2006
Published: July 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Czech Republic LogoCzech Republic LogoCzech Republic Logo

An application of the Czech Republic logo we've been talking about. What do you think?
Today was another long day in our classroom. The other group of US students were really late for class, so we got kind of a late start. When everyone got to class, we talked a little more about the brand Czech Republic and then spent the rest of the day talking about the Brand USA. We had presentations from organizations like Fleishman-Hilliard, the US Embassy, and Coca-Cola. The presentations were still kind of boring. A lot of the presenters were not very good, they pretty much read their powerpoint verbatim, which is really annoying.

We went out after class and did a little shopping in Old Town. I didn't buy anything but I got a better idea of what I want to buy. We picked up some pizza in Old Town and ate it, before getting on the subway to go home.

Tomorrow we break into groups and begin working on our presentations. After class, we may go with one of the Czech students to see her hometown, which is about an hour away from Prague.

We got hooked up with a travel agent and are currently trying to make plans to visit Vienna (Wien) on our first
Czech Republic Logo 2Czech Republic Logo 2Czech Republic Logo 2

This is the actual logo that they are going to use.
free weekend here. We decided to do that instead of Italy because of cost and time. We're still trying to find a quick and inexpensive way to get to Belgium for the weekend. We got our syllabus for our second class, and we have an evening event on the night we wanted to leave, so that presented a problem. We are also planning on visiting the concentration camp when we have some free time.

That's all for now. Please keep leaving comments because I love reading them.

Advertisement



13th July 2006

I'm leaving you a message!
Belgium... how cool. Good luck figuring out the traveling. Today my mom bought coasters for me because she thought I'd need some. And I already have a few coasters... so we'll be all set to keep our tables ring free! ~Kim
14th July 2006

Hi
It's been nice reading your blogs. Just sitting here watching the Cards game and Edmonds just hit a homerun to tie the game 2-2 at the bottom of the 7th. Let's just hope they win. Sounds like you are having a great time. It's a great experience so keep up the good work. How's the weather? It's definitely hot and humid here. In the 90's the rest of the weekend and into next week. Well, have fun and don't drink too much beer. Didn't think you liked beer? Be safe.
14th July 2006

Vienna
It is great that you are able to do some traveling. Your great grandmother Franzl Manger (Dorothy Rediger's mother) came from Vienna. We love reading your Blogs. Yesterday we about washed away. We got 3 inches of rain in a very short period of time. Lots of love, Grandma R.

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb