Finally Made it


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 10th 2006
Published: July 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well where do we begin?

The megabus down to Glasgow was great, well it was from Dundee onwards, a Italian girl got on with a tv and we got upto min updates on the Final. Some more Italians got on at Perth, so it ended up a little celebration.

Got to Glasgow and the bus driver was a little scary to say the least, but George Square was something to be seen - it was like we had been transported to Italy with them all over the place and out of cars etc.

Then there was the Airport longest 6 hours of my life, Cathy managed to get some sleep, although she did say i did wake her up with the ten mins of sleep i did get by snoring (Me snore, never).

Very clean airport at Prague, but huge queues everywhere. A reacuring theme coming here, the taxi driver from the airport to the hostel was a nutter, very friendly though. Saw 2 crashes and Sparta Prague's old ground, huge concrete block.

Hostel is fine, clean and tidy, and i could take the shower home!!

Went to the Jewish Quarter today, and saw the synagogues that are there, and the Jewish Graveyard. Really brought it home inside one of them though, the Pinkas synagogue - it had all the names and towns and dates of over 77,270 Czech Jews killed in the holocaust. The walls are covered in names, and you suddenly realise that this was just in the space of 7/8 years, and doesn't include all the others.

Prague itself is very nice and friendly to the English/Scottish, but there seems to be graffitti everywhere, even on some of the historic buildings. Very hot as well over 32 degrees today and very sunny. Tee, hee, hee!

Thats it for today folks will be online again in a couple of days to tell you more, thinking about you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



12th July 2006

update
You are warmer than Tofino (19) today. Where's the pics of Teddy ? Bet we see More whales than u tomorrow...

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb