Goodbye Christopher Newport


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
May 4th 2006
Published: May 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This semester there has been a group of college students here from Christopher Newport University studying European government, culture and economy. Nancy and I have enjoyed becoming friends with many of these young people. Their class work ended early this week and today most of them flew home to the states. From my conversations with these young people they all said it was a good semester. They worked and played and had a great time in this beautiful city. A number said they plan to return to Prague to work on their master degrees after graduating from Christopher Newport. A little travel gives a big education and changes the traveler's views and understanding of the world. Home is home and a wonderful place and most travelers look forward to returning there, but they return a different person from the one who left home.

Our good wishes go with these young folk. Happy travels. Hope we see you again in the USA.



Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

FriendsFriends
Friends

IBTS students and Christopher Newport students became good friends. Here they eat one last breakfast together. Each group learned from the other USA/Eastern Europe.


17th May 2006

So much fun to make friends with young people. Keeps us young at heart. I'm on jury duty so now must set the alarm, etc., like working again. Makes me realize how much I appreciate retirement! We've had a lot of company since we've been home. June will be another busy month with company and then two weeks in Hawaii for Ryan and Lisa's wedding. Take care and thanks for keeping in touch.

Tot: 0.568s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 165; dbt: 0.282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb