Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
May 10th 2006
Published: December 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A smooth train ride went quickly and before we knew it, we were in Prague just as daylight was fading. A mad dash to get to the offices of Old Town Apartments before 9pm was not quite made but we were OK and after much dragging of the suitcase through the cobbled streets, we made it to our massive apartment at 10:30pm. The next morning we hit the ground running and went to the main attraction – Prague Castle. Taking about 4 hours to do, there was an incredible amount to see in the castle rich with history back to 2,500BC and the capital of many European empires through the ages. The massive gothic Cathedral and huge Royal Palace were the highlights. A quick lunch before down to the glorious old town across the incredible George Bridge which crosses the mighty Danube river. We checked out the Town Hall and Tyn Church as well as the markets, which were all insane on the Monday public holiday. We went out for some Goulash at a local restaurant which was a nice way to end our short stay in Prague.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0161s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb