Friends/ Communists


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
February 15th 2006
Published: February 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

At the operaAt the operaAt the opera

DT^2 (Darcy, Tyler, Me)
It is fascinating talking to people about what it used to be like when the country was communist and it is interesting to see how it still affects the city now. Like there is at least a small potravany (grocery store, that sells cheese, meat, bread and other things but is pretty small) on every block. Also there is at least one bar on every block. There are two big stores that sell everything. They are worse than target and costco (they are always so crowded) One fo them exciting were a building for the communist used to be.

I have met some awesome people on this trip and it is always fun meeting other people from the states in Prague who are not on this program. If someone is speaking English that is enough to start a conversation with them.

My roommate is from the Czech republic though lived in NY for four years so her English is great. She is so much fun and teaches me about some of the Czech ways plus will some times helps me with the language. She showed us the good bars, restaurants and places to go. She is an Art History major at the main university here (I went to an art museum in Prague with her when it was free).


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Leaving the MetroLeaving the Metro
Leaving the Metro

The escalators here are fast and long
Across Charles BridgeAcross Charles Bridge
Across Charles Bridge

Kate, Rita, Jessica (I am taking the picture)


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb