Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
September 23rd 2008
Published: November 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

****Pics will come if i find them****

Ok well im sitting in a net cafe on an island in Thailand. Prague seemed like an eternity ago. So this will be poor.

Prague, hmmmm. Um well, hmmmm. We were only in Prague 3 or 4 nights i think. We didn't really do much. Prague was good though because it was cheap. Because of this we decided to go on an organised tour of the city, which is something we were yet to do. Usually we would find our own way around. The tour included lunch and a boat ride and all that toury type of stuff. We went and saw the Prague Castle and all that, so the tour was good and our guide was nice.

The night before we had been on a ghost through the old town. When we had seen the add for it, it sounded really serious and spooky. In reality it was really lame and a bit boring. We met at the old clock in the center of town and a lady wearing a witches outfit led the group of 8 or so around telling fairly boring stories. She was sweet and obviously the tour was part joke but that fact kinda went over everyones head and people started to get angry. It was the kind of tour where she tells a story of a knife wielding maniac that killed a bunch of people and then you walk round a corner and there's a guy dressed up carrying a huge fake knife. Lame. Anyway we made friends with the guide and she was really sweet so we felt bad when people were obviously pissed off with the whole tour.

Otherwise all we did in Prague was eat at a Chinese Restaurant across the road from us.

Getting to Munich from Prague was quite an ordeal. We arrived at the main station and couldn't see our train on the board. So i went an asked at a ticket booth and was told that our train doesn't leave from here. It leaves from a different station. Half way across town. 'Huh'? The train is meant to leave in half an hour. What? So we proceeded in a huge rush back to the metro, of course the line was ten deep to get a ticket. Two long and painful metro rides later we made it to the new station. There was a rush of other people all worrying and running and asking questions. We got to the platform and joined the other few who had made it before us.

The train wasn't there. Though it should have left, we were assured that it still hasn't arrived yet. You can imagine, the train to Munich at the time of Octoberfest and they send people rushing all over the city, from station to station. It was a mess. We were yet to have breakfast because we had planned to get something at the station. The station we were now at had no food and didn't even look like it had trains. We all stood around on the one busy platform of the whole station. The train arrived an hour late, which was good for some because otherwise they wouldn't have made it. We finally got going an hour and a half over time.

The train itself was another classic train ride. No food, no stops, no breakfast, no lunch. Luckily it did stop, once, I had to run to a vending machine and get us some chips. By this time we were in Germany and i was lucky to have Euro's on me for the machine. I love trains.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb