Leftovers from Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
May 16th 2007
Published: May 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Some stuff we did that hasn't made it into the blog...just playing catch up quickly!

Went to the old Jewish quarter, and saw Europe's oldest synagogue (the Old New Synagogue) and then the old cemetery. There are thousands of people burried here apparently one on another...it's so old. Went through Pinkas Synangogue as well where the names of people taken during WWII are listed. Sad, and amazing how many...

Took the funicular up the side of the mountain and it was lovely.

Went for a dinner at a traditional Czech house, and Aron had "Moravian Sparrow". Check out that meal! Apparently the sparrow refers to the pork, not the bird. Now we're not sure what the bird Aron ate was, but it was big! Sheila had potato pancakes, flour dumplings and beef goulash. Aron ate everything under the sun as you can see.

On our last evening we went to see an orchestra play in St Nicholas - some Mozart, Bach and Vivaldi. Lovely.

Last day in Prague wanted to see "that giant statue way up on the hill" so bussed it part way and hiked the rest. This is definitely the largest chunk of metal around...stunning. And so massive.

Anyway, that's it for now! Back to life in Madrid. 😉


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb