Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
February 14th 2007
Published: February 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Here we are in Prague beby!

Day One- Flew from Manchester to Copenhagen to Prague. Arrive at 3:30 starving! Ate on Wencelas square and went back to our 5 star hotel in Vysenrahd. Out for a couple of pints at I.P Pavlova where we met one of Toms' friends! Had a couple of pints with some random english people we met and slept very well in the comfyest bed ever.

Day Two- morning in hotel, eating sleeping and using pool! Afternoon round castle (it was very pretty although quite old, historical and boring), boat trip on river under bridge drinking hot chocolate and hot wine (me!). Pub for a pint and a pretsel (pints 20krowns= 60p)
Evening eating next to chalres brisge I had goulash again and tom had pasta. Couple more pints and off home Fell asleep watching children of men which we bought from the hotel for the extortionate price of 10 quid.

Day Three- Morning in hotel eating massive breakfast again - I had bacon, sausage, eggs, tomatoes with cheese, toast, kippers, museli, yoghurt, fruit salad, cream and museli, lychees, lychee juice, small custard danish pastry, multivitamin juice, bean salad, I think that was it. I was really full. We went for a swim (had the pool on the 25 floor all to ourselves. Tom then had a sauna. We went out at about 1pm to the wencelas square shops and ate an ice cream and raspberry cake. In the evening we went to a v.nice restaurant recommended by rachel, where we had a goulash, potato soup in a bread bowl and a steak. Tom drank a litre of beer and I had a few vodkas and we went to the old square. This was the prettiest part of Prague. We loved the square and drank a couple of beers sat outside overlooked the astronomical clock! - We then went to a jazz club for the night and back home intime to get up a few hours later for the plane flight home.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

5 star hotel pool overlooking prague5 star hotel pool overlooking prague
5 star hotel pool overlooking prague

Beautiful! - and free from 12-1!
Litre of BeerLitre of Beer
Litre of Beer

Restaurant just off the old square
Bill and TomBill and Tom
Bill and Tom

This was a jazz club where Bill Clinton had played. Tom is there too


14th February 2007

Hey guys what was the name of your hotel
Hi El What was the name of the hostel you stayed in in Prague. The pool looks fantastic! Cheers
15th February 2007

Hotel name
Hey, The hotel was called Corinthia Towers it's a five star just two metro stops from the centre. It was really nice, free pool between 12 and 1pm and all you can eat breakfast. . It cost us 200 quid flight plus hotel, which is fairly expensive for a weekend in prague but we did book two weeks before going.

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb