Europe Vacation - Prague, Czech Republic


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Bubenec
March 28th 2012
Published: March 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Okay....we have moved on to Prague!

Overview: On day three of our Europe vacation, we left Vienna and moved on to Prague. Traveling by the train for the first time for me, other than subway and GO Train. I was particularly impressed by the 'dining car'. Pretty fancy I thought and loved the apple strudel they offered on the menu. It was superb! We stayed at a very historical and charming hotel (which I LOVE to do) right smack iin the middle of the Jewish Quarter and the City Center.

We arrived in time for dinner and we were blown away by the number of tourists AND the beauty and history we found ourselves immersed in. The next morning we were out by 7:30 a.m. embarking upon a self-guided walking tour of many of the very local historical sights, and found the river and the famous Charles Bridge. It was sunny but very chilly (2° C) compared to what we had experienced in Vienna, not to mention what we are used to in Abu Dhabi :-). Had to warm-up with hot chocolate in Starbucks afterwards.

In the afternoon, it warmed up considerably, and we decided to take a
Gotta pee badly....YIKES...welcome to Central Europe...Gotta pee badly....YIKES...welcome to Central Europe...Gotta pee badly....YIKES...welcome to Central Europe...

...and the land of the PAY toilet. Yes, even when your back teeth are floating, you better have change!
3 hr Segway Group tour (which ended up being a private tour for a great price...since Terri and I were the only ones that signed up..lol). Our tour guide was Martin. He is Adams age (25ish) and a complete sweetie. We had LOTS of laughs. Especially when I told him I should've worn a firmer bra, since we were riding the very bumpy cobblestone streets and sidewalks much of the time, and my boobs were KILLING me...sorry, but they were. The first night we ate at The Hark Rock Cafe and the next night, we settled in at a very nice outdoor restaurant to watch the clock tower strike 6 p.m. when this guy plays the Czech Anthem on a trumpet from the top of a clock tower, and then waves the flag, every hour. People gather up to 20 mins. prior to watch this. Very cool!

My Opinion of Prague: One word can sum it up AMAZING, and like Ireland, I would go back in a minute. Actually, I plan to go with anyone and everyone I hear is going in future...lol. The food: Yummy, again!, The people: Very kind and helpful, The weather: Other than the chillly
Reminded me of the tv show...TaxiReminded me of the tv show...TaxiReminded me of the tv show...Taxi

....a bunch of taxi drivers waiting hanging around waiting to do their shift...lol
morning on our first day, sunny and warm....and lucky us!

Currently, on our way to Berlin. Again, enjoy the pics and do not forget to read the captions.

See you again after Berlin.... enjoy xo


Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Our hotel in Prague.....Our hotel in Prague.....
Our hotel in Prague.....

....U Tri Bubna. Right in the center of EVERYTHING!!
Inside our hotel room...Inside our hotel room...
Inside our hotel room...

...love the beamed ceilings...charm, charm!
Me and one fo the MANY eggs everywhere....Me and one fo the MANY eggs everywhere....
Me and one fo the MANY eggs everywhere....

...apparently a very important cultural (not religious) celebration, Easter.
Crazy amounts tourists...Crazy amounts tourists...
Crazy amounts tourists...

...but lots of room for everyone
The square outside our hotel...The square outside our hotel...
The square outside our hotel...

...like an ongoing festival...sooo cool!!!
Hard Rock Cafe.....Hard Rock Cafe.....
Hard Rock Cafe.....

....in the square of our hotel. Ate an awesome NA dinner....chicken caesar salad of course....mmmmm, a touch of home sweet home!
The square outside our hotel after dinner...The square outside our hotel after dinner...
The square outside our hotel after dinner...

...so pretty. Even better in person. These pics do not do it justice. Or ANY of Prague for that matter.
Sights, architecture, canals, bridges....Sights, architecture, canals, bridges....
Sights, architecture, canals, bridges....

....ahhhhh, just enjoy them. They speak for themselves.
The Charles Bridge......The Charles Bridge......
The Charles Bridge......

....this bridge has lots of history in Prague
7:30 a.m.....2 degrees......7:30 a.m.....2 degrees......
7:30 a.m.....2 degrees......

.....Oh Canada, thank you!!


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb