Our First Museum


Advertisement
Published: December 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we slept in, I don’t think our bodies are used to the time change yet. But once we were up and about, we used our handy-dandy map and found the first museum we were planning to go to on this trip. We went to a Mining Museum! It’s not something we would usually do, but traveling is all about exploring and learning about new things, so that’s how we started! I have to say, it was pretty cool! Our tour guide was a sweet older woman, who was born and raised in Ostrava. She was really nice and showed us parts of the museum that weren’t usually part of the tour! Abby and I felt so special! The museum contained many underground caves that we got to walk into. It was a little scary, but it’s a must see!
By the time we were finished with the museum, it was late afternoon. We went walking around and found some clubs, so we decided that we’d go back to the hotel and take a shower and do all that stuff, and then go clubbing. The legal age limit for consuming alcohol in this area is 16 years old so we’re ready to have some fun!
Our funds right now are going down a little quick because of the flight and car arrangements. The flight had cost a little over $1000 each person, then the car costs $1,122 including the gas, and then the hotel costs $157 each person. So we have almost $10,000 left, which is really a little amount because a US dollar is cheaper than a Euro. So Abby and I have to try our best to save money and conserve.
But for tonight, we just want to have some fun, so clubs, here we come!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb