Stompin' Tom


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia
August 27th 2016
Published: August 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Pauline's Birthday EarringsPauline's Birthday EarringsPauline's Birthday Earrings

She picked them up at a nice place in old town yesterday while I waited in the street gawking at the old buildings. I'm so thoughtful sometimes!
So far, the three days are going to plan. Today we had a leisurely start and walked to the gondola for a ride to a lookout at the top of the hill. Then back to the apartment for lunch before heading to a nearby beach.



Yesterday we bought a boat tour for Monday from a sales guy named Dinko (yes, Dinko). You will be relieved to know that we didn't make fun of his name (we're better than that), but we did try to work it into the Stompin' Tom Connors song "Sudbury Saturday Night".


Well the girls are playin' bingo and the boys are gettin' stinko...



Supper tonight was at a mexican restaurant in old town that came highly recommended by a Norwegian couple. Not sure that "It's better than any mexican food we get in Norway!" is really the best recommendation, but we loved our food. Maybe we'll recommend it to someone from far away tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Kids at the lookoutKids at the lookout
Kids at the lookout

View was spectacular, but I doubt that the photos do it justice.
Photo by professional photographerPhoto by professional photographer
Photo by professional photographer

A guy from Australia took this, and he spent a bunch of time setting it up, before mentioning that he's a pro. Boy is he going to be disappointed with the photo I took of him and his wife. Not even sure they're in the frame.
Homeland War MuseumHomeland War Museum
Homeland War Museum

The story of the war in the former Yugoslavia is told in this museum beside the lookout. This poster shows what the streets in old town looked like in 1991 and today.
Bruno's adviceBruno's advice
Bruno's advice

Our host gave us tricky directions to get to a less busy beach near our place.
Villa DubrovnikVilla Dubrovnik
Villa Dubrovnik

The trail took us past a nice parking lot with a stand-alone elevator for the Villa Dubrovnik hotel.
Villa DubrovnikVilla Dubrovnik
Villa Dubrovnik

Here's a peek over the wall.
BeachBeach
Beach

After about 100 steps down from the lane, the beach was well worth the hike.


Tot: 0.279s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb