Lets make like a Banana and Split


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia
August 21st 2010
Published: August 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

So the blog has taken a backseat during our travels....

After our intrepid trip through Bosnia we jumped on a bus and headed up the coast of Croatia to a place called Split. This is one of the larger towns, more industrial and busier than Dubrovnik. Therefore we already didnt favour it to where we had been.....

Well what an interesting bus trip. I hear in my ear this 'I REALLY need to go to the toilet, like really'. So I am thinking...you are just going to have to hold onto the next stop, I cant do anything about it and there is no toilet on the bus. Turned out though that Chris REALLY did need to go to the toilet and it wasn't a pee stop that was needed. So after going up to ask when the next toilet stop was and teling the driver he needed to go, the bus driver pulls over on the side of the motorway on a massive viaduct. No cover and not ideal. After explaining to the bus driver he needed cover Chris was lucky enough that there was a traffic jam a two minute drive up the road and I seen him sprint off the bus behind an old shed. I felt so sorry for him during this period, and we arent quite sure what came over him. Its a bit of a good travel story now..i dont think many people could top that..


Jumping off the bus in Split, for the first time we had to carry our LARGE backpacks for a reasonable distance...there are no airport trolleys here for us to use!!sob! In the heat, and after taking the longest route possible to get there, we waited for this crazy Australian to turn up and let us into our apartment for a good hour. Split is more of a point for tourists to get out to the islands that surround it coast....so as we only had one full day thats what we were going to do.

Hvar Island is rumoured by many to be the best island of Croatia's 1000 islands. After a two hour ferry ride to the island (on a ferry the size of the interislander) we arrived at the terminal, which was located a good 5km from any town. With buses there to take you to the various towns, we got flustered in the rush and picked the wrong one!!! We ended up in the old town, with limited things to do and no idea when the next ferry was.....

The beach there was very small and in a bay....not ideal when i had just seen the sewage from the public toilets run into a pond right near it. Chris however decided that he would lke to float in it....

No thanks.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.328s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb