Deciding on the Best Croatian Destination


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia
October 31st 2019
Published: October 31st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Are you looking for your next holiday destination? If yes, you might consider having your holiday destination this year in the Republic of Croatia. Situated in Central and Southeast Europe, the country is surrounded by Hungary, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, and Montenegro. It also has coast with the Adriatic Sea. Croatia has a booming tourism industry due to its historical and cultural heritage. Not to mention the natural beauty that the country has. Here are the top destinations in Croatia that you might want to visit:

Dubrovnik




You might recognize this medieval walled city as one of the filming locations of the hit HBO series “The Game of Thrones”, however, it is more than just that. The city of Dubrovnik is the most popular tourist destination in the country. The city’s Old Town surrounded by a thick defensive wall is packed with towers, palaces, and churches. You can visit the city’s Church of St. Blaise, Rector’s Palace, and the Stradun – a pedestrian passageway lined with shops, boutiques, restaurants, and cafes. It is no wonder that Dubrovnik is listed as one of UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites.

Split




Split is Croatia’s second-largest city next to Zagreb. It is also called the “Mediterranean Flower”. What made this city famous for are its elegant Gothic and Renaissance Architecture with Diocletian’s Palace as the crown jewel of the city’s architecture. Apart from the palace and the old town, tourists can enjoy swimming at Bacvice beach or even simply walking along the seaside promenade.

Istria



Istria is a heart-shaped peninsula in the northwest portion of Croatia. This region has a lot to offer to its visitors. The town of Rovinj offers a pure seaside bliss and Venetian architecture. You can walk around its magnificent cobbled alleys of its old town or just enjoy the sun on Rovinj beach.

Another gorgeous town in the Istria region worth visiting is Motuvon where you can visit its well-preserved monuments and churches and its landscapes which are kind of similar to Tuscany. To experience more of the view of the landscape, try paragliding. Lastly, you might not want to miss visiting one of the oldest surviving Roman Amphitheaters located in Pula which is a must-see.

Kvarner




Often called “Croatia’s best-kept secret”, this bay in the country is popular to visitors especially from neighboring countries like Austria. Two of its largest islands, Kirk and Cres are Croatia’s largest overall. Another island, the island of Rab is popular because of its 22 sandy bays.

Plitvice Lakes




The Plitvice Lakes area is a natural beauty located in Croatia. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is composed of woodlands, waterfalls, and sixteen different lakes. There are hiking trails around this park where you can walk around from 2-8 hours.

Zagreb




The last but not the least is the country’s capital city, Zagreb. The city has also much to offer just like Dubrovnik and Split. Apart from churches like St. Mark’s Church and Zagreb Cathedral, the city is the perfect holiday destination for street art and food. There is also a museum in the city where leftover items from relationships can be curated.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb