DAY 74 MILNA-KASTELA MARINA


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Milna
August 5th 2023
Published: August 5th 2023
Edit Blog Post


Beast and the Beauty.
Jane and I were up early. We wanted to see a little more of Milna. Jane went in the direction of last evening while I strolled in the opposite direction where we eventually met up and headed for a coffee venue.

The yachts and cars in the parking lots were covered in ash brought in by the wind overnight from the fire on the mainland. Brian washed our yacht.

“Ocean House” needs to be returned refuelled. We were 10th in line when we joined the queue at 10.15am. It was a slow process with patience required. The sun was setting the tone for the day … a hot one.

Fuelled, we headed, under sail, for Stomorska, our first evening destination that we were turned away from due to being ‘full’. A stroll around small Stomorska, a few photos, an apple cider and best of all, swimming from the rear of our anchored yacht before completing the final leg of our sailing experience, to where it all began, Kastela Marina, Split.

With a sensational setting sun helping provide terrific reflections from the water, we strolled to a marina cafe for our final dinner. Returning to the yacht the

Evening approaching.
wines and nibbles were on deck in no time.

Our, “icing-on-the-cake” for the trip was complete. A WOW of a time. Thank you Melinda for the invite and to Peter for the Skippering and to our fellow travellers for the relaxed atmosphere aboard.

We left the resorting of our luggage for the flight tomorrow to Rome for the morning. The largest of our 2-piece luggage was not to exceed 15kg.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Constant smile.


Smiling too.


4 Blokes ... final celebratory beer.


4 Girls ... Always laughing.


Pizza oven, Milna marina.


Wood ready for the pizza oven


Along Milna port.


Left arriving, Right departing.


Boats in line for fuel, Milna



Stomorska harbour.


Stomorska.



Viewing Stomorska.


Stomarska vista.




Named, "Sweet Pub". We had a cider each.


Inside Sweet Pub.


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb