Makarska - Tucepi July 18


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Makarska
July 18th 2009
Published: July 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The drive along the coastal road from Sukosan to Tucepi was quite the experience! The scenery was breathtaking and the drivers a little crazy on a road that kind of resembles the Cabot Trail. There were a few spots to stop to take pics and I managed to get a few good ones. Along the way we stopped at Trogir - a small town designated as a UNESCO world heritage site. It was, like so many places here, beautiful and a contrast in time. On the one hand there are these amazing ancient churches and castle and on the other hand modern and luxurious yachts tied up at the marina just in front of the old city.
We arrived at Tucepi at around 2 pm - it is only a few minutes drive past Makarska and is smaller than Makarska. The beach is only a 5 minute walk from our villa. The water is crystal clear and with a strong breeze the 32 degrees doesn’t feel that warm at all. Our villa is even better than we expected - large sitting area with kitchen, dining and couch. A small balcony looks over the bay and the bedroom has a king size bed and there is a very large bathroom. By European standards this is very big! And by our European standards very luxurious!
We drove into Makarska this morning but, being Saturday, it was crazy so we came back to Tucepi and went to the beach for a couple of hours of sun and water. We are back to our villa to escape the midday heat and Lenora is talking to Adele now (thank god for cheap international calling cards!) We plan to go to the beach again later and find a restaurant there for dinner tonight. Our internet is still not working here so this post will be post-facto. (Not so post thanks to an internet shop!)
There are way too many pics on this entry but it was just so hard to choose!




Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb