Hvar Island


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Hvar
May 29th 2012
Published: July 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

K- Hvar is a beautiful island off the coast of Croatia which in July and August turns in to a jet set and celeb "hot spot". Fortunately we were there in May 😊

It is a really beautiful place with an old town square, pretty harbour and castle. However, the real attractions (if you want to get away from it all) are the neighboring Pakleni islands. We took the water taxi over to Mlini (still not sure if that is the Island name or the beach) and splurged on sunbeds as the beach is rocky. It was so relaxing and beautiful that we did the same thing again on 2 subsequent days. See pictures. A boat trip down the Croatian coast is definitely on the bucket list.

Feeling a bit lazy we also hired a moped for the day and traveled to some of the smaller towns on the island. All very pretty and we are told much quieter and less "party, party" than Hvar Town is in the summer.

We stayed in a private apartment in Hvar which was great as it had a kitchen and I love to cook. I also like to eat out but it can pale a bit after a year.

This trip has pretty much established that I am a shoulder season kind of girl and we enjoyed having enough people around to enjoy being in a bar or restaurant but enjoy peace and quiet on a beach. If that resonates then I strongly recommend Hvar Town. However I am sure it is fabulous in the party season too if that is what you like and if you can afford a bed!

We dragged ourselves away from Hvar after 6 nights (unheard of) and spent a day in Split before catching an overnight ferry to venice. Split is a very nice Roman town and I would recommend a visit. Touristy yes - but for a reason!

Scroll down for more photos


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb