DAY 62 DUBROVNIK


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
July 16th 2023
Published: July 16th 2023
Edit Blog Post


Alcaraz wins Wimbledon 2023
No rush today. Very leisurely rising. Listened to the West Coast Eagles v Richmond Tigers game whilst Jane decided to do some ironing! All packed for early departure for tomorrow.

Walked to buy some peasant food for lunch which we ate in our apartment. It was very hot outside.

Had a video call from Sam which was wonderful. He is still working on the boat out of Weipa. “All good,” he says. Had photos and messages from Tom and Whitney which was terrific. They were relaxing on the beach in Denmark with their dog, Lenny.

I’ve kept up with the AFL, Ashes cricket, Tour de France, Aussie Matildas, Wimbledon and various Aussie athlete performances as well as the swimming … plus … the devastating war … plus news from home.

We went to “Sport Pub Mario” to watch sets 3-5 of the Wimbledon men’s tennis final. I predicted Alcaraz, Jane, Djokovich. Interesting watching and listening to the pub crowd reactions. We sat in silence! From there it was dinner and a final goodbye to the marina around our abode.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Jane making her way out of the pub.


The Tudman Bridge lit up


Disappointingly, we weren't invited to the party raging on board


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb