Zagreb Wed July 15


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Central Croatia » Zagreb
July 15th 2009
Published: July 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today started out as hot or hotter than yesterday but the trick was to get going early. We were out by 8:30 and had 5 good hours of touring done before the sweltering midday sun got to a point where us mere mortals couldn't handle it. (People here are dressed in jeans and leggings and even long sleeve shirts believe it or not! The temperature in the main square at 9 pm read 28 degrees so I can only imagine what it was at noon today! ). All that said, the mornings and late evenings are great and we took full advantage. We saw the Milonvic sculture museum (his home full of sculptures that he donated as a museum as well as the museum of naive art. I've included a few pics of the best churches - St Marks with the colourful roof is amazing. We settled for something much simpler for supper tonight - pizza at a place recommended by our tour book and that didn't dissapoint. I am back at the hotel now at nearly midnight and catching up on blogging -- finally internet is available at the end of our 2 day stay. Car rental tomorrow morning and off to Zadar on the coast for an initial night in a villa on the water and then down to Makarska (Tucepi in fact) for 5 days. Looking forward to getting out of the cities now ... especially since we are told it is just going to get hotter here in the next few days! Hopefully will be able to post more regularly now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.043s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb