No annoying old ladies


Advertisement
Bosnia and Herzegovina's flag
Europe » Bosnia & Herzegovina » East » Sarajevo
September 30th 2006
Published: October 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

They look Irish we thought (we may have even spoke it to each other) when we saw two other backpackers hanging around the bus station.
You may have gathered we were heading to Sarajevo; Roland had already gone without leaving anything behind for once.

This time when we had no arrangements, we were happy to go with someone offering a room, no such luck. We got a taxi to the center where we stumbled across an accommodation agency; they were very helpful and spoke good English. Two options were available, either to go to a hostel 20mins away or stay with a family. My legs were aching so we chose the 10mins option. A guy from the agency took us to a block of flats with an old lady; she rented out 2 rooms and must have lived in the kitchen/bedroom. No family as such. Don't forget to take off your shoes.

Strange place, lots of beautiful people, mainly only noticed the women though and 99% were wearing tight jeans, great place.
Ramadan has well and truly set in (if that is the correct term, maybe not), so alcohol consumption is very low with Pepsi and Nescafe consumption being very high. We stayed on the beer.

Jules has started complaining he is getting fatter, I can not tell a difference.

Went to a bar called "The Club", apparently the only place to go, it was like in the cellar of some building with small nooks and crannies, also a dance floor. We met the Irish girls we saw on the bus from Mostar, they seem good fun. Stayed there for a while till it closed, I guess, then I assume we got a taxi back to the block of flats. Not a bad night out.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb