Fun & Blunders in Sarajevo


Advertisement
Bosnia and Herzegovina's flag
Europe » Bosnia & Herzegovina » East » Sarajevo
September 2nd 2009
Published: August 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sonia and I came to Sarajevo in 2001 with Maja and were very excited to come back! All I wanted to do was find the good cevapi place. And of course make sure the boys got to see the sights. We had a great couple of days in Sarajevo. We stayed in the Old Town and walked everywhere easily. We ate cevapi, stopped for coffee, and had dinner with Maja's cousin Ines one night in a fabulous restaurant what seems like only the locals (and friends of the Palekas) know of. It was great fun!

It was also our 1st wedding anniversary there and Shane was not feeling well that night so couldn't come out to dinner, which was a bit of a bummer. But considering we remained healthy all summer long, we can't really complain!

A couple of favourite memories: ordering sour cream for my cevapi but instead getting 2 large glasses of sour yogurt (guess my Bosnian isn't as good as I thought); the pizza picnic we had on the hill when the cannon went off and seeing all the minarets light up across the city (a truly beautiful moment); and finally, a moment I will NEVER live down for the rest of my life, ordering a pint of Karlovacko (Croatian beer) from the Sarajevska brewery bar.


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Dinner at Inat Kuca (the Spite house)Dinner at Inat Kuca (the Spite house)
Dinner at Inat Kuca (the Spite house)

The beautiful house was on the right side of the river but for the purpose of building the City Hall, it had to be relocated to the other side of the river, brick by brick
Well worth the wait.Well worth the wait.
Well worth the wait.

The Spite house serves traditional Bosnian food that is fabulous!
The CathedralThe Cathedral
The Cathedral

This is a popular meeting spot in town as it's in quite a nice square
In the new part of townIn the new part of town
In the new part of town

The "old" town turns into the "new" town within a couple of steps, it's pretty cool.
At the Sarajevska brewery pubAt the Sarajevska brewery pub
At the Sarajevska brewery pub

The coolest pub in the world.


Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb