Belgium, Amsterdam ...


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium
September 19th 2010
Published: September 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

steves birthdaysteves birthdaysteves birthday

out for steves birthday. steve, skip, jewels and i and massive boot beers
So...I'm not too sure where I wrote up to last time...
We met the boys in Brussels, Belgium for Steve's birthday, we had a few days there in the camp site in the van and then we headed up north towards Amsterdam. We stopped at Antwerp for a night and then through the border to Amsterdam.
Amsterdam was a sure eye opener, with our first night walking the streets around the red light district after a frustrating search for somewhere to stay..You always hear of teh red light district, but it sure has to be seen to be believed. We were walking around, girls displaying themselves in the windows, the boys surely had a grin on their faces, but Jewels and I were a little taken back...The first night was a little quiet compared to the rest of the weekend.
The first day we explored, we went to Anne Franks house and walked around a lovely city circled by canals that definately confused my trusty navigator. We ended up having a couple big nights in Amsterdam, two pub crawls where they were literally feeding us shots of vodka. The first night I was the last one standing with the boys and
the vanthe vanthe van

the van teh boys brought
jewels all getting lost from the group. The second night Jewels and I both got lost and ended up exploring Amsteram alone, but all fun and all ended well, with hangovers but well.
Travelling around in the van with the two boys was great fun, although a little cramped, but a good week. After Amsterdam we had quite a few days of bad weather all spent driving, we headed to coxhaven, a retirement town to say the least and then to Hamburg. From Hamburg Jewels and I have set off again alone and trained it to Berlin. Berlin in a lovely city, with a lot of history, we did a walking tour yesterday which was led by a young guy that sure knew his stuff a top notch history buff. We have come across a lot of Aussies, all living the dream in Europe, its hard to get away from them, especially staying at hostels.
Last night Jewels and I again joined a pub crawl, starting with a crazy man with fire torch and ending well into the morning....
It does seem like all we have done in the past week is pub crawls, but we have done some site seeing I assure you.

Heading to Munich tomorrow for Octoberfest, so yes another big week, but it'll be great to see Stace and some others.
Missing home...sorry the stories arent all that entertaining this time.will write again soon.

elise.xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

in berlinin berlin
in berlin

holacaust memorial


Tot: 0.343s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb