Day 8. Virtual Bike Ride. Ronse to Barry.


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium
February 20th 2021
Published: February 20th 2021
Edit Blog Post

VERY breezy today and a little damp. To be honest I can cope with the wet much better than the wind. Today we went through Waddington to Bashal Town, round the TT circuit and out to Mitton, up to Micklehurst Farm, round Rabbit Lane to Bashal Eaves and home. (It was more about getting the miles in and staying on the bike!)

Out virtual route was leaving Ronse across more rolling hills, spotting horses and farmland. At one stage the road suddenly stopped at a river and there was no bridge but a very small car ferry that was going backwards and forwards across the river with vehicles and passengers. Today we passed out of Belgium and over the border into France. On route we were struggling to find a Bakery, or Supermarket, to buy some lunch when we came across a Baguette vending machine. It was €1 for a plain white baguette. We had crisps and cheese in stock so that was lunch sorted. We usually try to pick up a yoghurt at breakfast time to eat with some nuts mid morning and buy bread, cheese, ham and ham for a picnic lunch. Barry is a very tiny hamlet.
We have now been on the road for a week and have covered 190 miles.


ReplyForward


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb