Day 7. Virtual Bike Ride. Eeklo to Ronse


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium
February 19th 2021
Published: February 19th 2021
Edit Blog Post

VERY breezy today but we stayed dry. Today we did a loop of the local villages, Mitton, Whalley, Wiswell, Pendleton, Worston, Downham, Chatburn, West Bradford, Waddington and Bashal Barn. I thought I was going to end up in a field with several strong cross winds!

Out virtual route would be leaving Eeklo and heading south through the picturesque city of Gent to Ronse. Across gentle rolling hills and through lots of farmland with huge crop growing fields and lots of wind turbines. Also, past numerous stables with very fine looking horses. Ronse is a tiny textile town. The B&B we stayed in here was typical of many in this area with very narrow winding stairs which are not easy in cycling shoes and carrying panniers. Also, for some reason, we always seem to have a room three or four floors up!
In Belgium it is illegal for vehicles to park on cycle paths which makes cycling so much easier and safer. We once had to go out onto the road to round a wagon parked across the cycle path and the driver couldn't apologise enough.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb