Liedekerke


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » West Flanders » Bruges
September 20th 2009
Published: January 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So today we got up at a good time again, had breakfast, and then I fell asleep again for a bit. We got ready to head to Liedekerke to go to Heeren Van Liedekercke, a much touted restaurant and bar (they have the Cantillon Crianza Helena). We got our train tickets and it took an hour to an hour and a half to get there. The place was about a twenty minute walk from the train station. The town was mostly residential and empty. It felt weird to be walking by so many closed shops and not see almost another person walking around. We see the restaurant and it looks closed. Adam reads a sign on the door that says they are on vacation from Sept 14-Oct 7! Our exact vacation! It was a bummer to realize we wasted a bunch of time. I was not very happy. Since we were both hungry, we went to the only open restaurant we saw. It was a small tavern and we sat outside and got some lunch. I had a croque-monsieur, and Adam got a croque-madam (it had a fried egg on top). They were excellent. Perfectly melted cheese. Perfect grilling. The salad included was good too. I think we both felt better afterward. I know I was in a much improved mood. We got back on the train to Bruges. At least we got some good reading done, even though we didn't get to get the food and beer we wanted. I started reading The Devil in the White City. It's really good so far. We got back around 6pm or so.

We went for dinner around the corner from our B&B at Cambrinus. We split some spaghetti bolognase and a very tasty flemish onion soup. They had a beer list of 400 beers! I got a Boon Kriek and Adam finally got to try a Westvleteren 12. It was pretty good also. I can see why it's ranked so well.

We booked a hotel tonight for when we're in Prague. It looks like it's in a good location in town. We are thinking it was cheaper to book onlin in dollars, then find out how much it would cost in Euros. Hopefully it works out in our favor, but it was a good price for a hotel anywhere. Tomorrow is our last day in Belgium. It's been really fun to come back to a place I enjoyed so much, but I'm also excited to see new places too.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb