Brussels, The Next Leg


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Walloon Brabant » Waterloo
June 26th 2014
Published: June 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

They ArrivedThey ArrivedThey Arrived

Dale, Elias and Bel arrive in Brussels
We had a 3 a.m. wakeup call and were out the door by 4m. Off to the airport for Brussels.

We arrived in Brussels on time and a travel hint here: I did a little research and found that regional airlines were much cheaper but with lots of bad reviews. I checked with our friends who said that if we followed their rules we’d be fine.

I found info on all of the regional airlines and then checked each out, deciding that we would fly on Ryanair. If you want to travel between countries I’d highly recommend checking out the regional. Read the details and all rules. I found that our carry one were just a little too big by using a sewing tape with both cm and in.

By reading all the rules we flew, Sunny and I, for about $120.00 total. Tickets were $20.00 each, $25.00 for each bag, $10 to upgrade each seat. One must check in up to 30 days in advance so I did that before leaving. If one does not check in and print their birding pass before there is a $75.00 to do that at the counter.

The flight was great, we had no issues. Everyone was nice but there are no perks. For the price we will always fly the regional airlines over the big airlines.

In Brussels we got out of the airport we found our friends, Charlotte and her dad Ghislain. We found a coffee place and sat down to wait for Dale and the kids. We took the time to catch up on news.

We had a rendezvous with Dale, Elias and Belo in the airport. What a great place to meet up. We picked up our rental car, a 9 passenger vw van, and we were off.

I drove the car, the first stick shift in a long time. I couldn’t get the van into reverse so had to ask Avis to tell me the hint, pull up on the shift. I was a little nervous but drove thru Brussels with the completely incompetent instructions from our friend. After driving in a couple of circles we found the house where Pascaline was waiting.

A little bit about Pascaline: she was our very first exchange student, on a summer program, in 1979. We have been friends with her family since then. Pascaline’s mother, Therese, use to visit us every year and go on vacation with us. Now Pascaline’s daughter comes to visit us. Our granddaughter has visited the family as has all of our boys. It is the circle of visiting.



Dinner and fabulous French wines then sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb