Makossa: Brendas African Restaurant


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
August 18th 2006
Published: August 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

My second day in Vienna I came across an African restaurant, called ‘Makossa: Brendas African Restaurant.’ I went in just to see what it was like, and after exchanging a few words with the bartender I learned that it was a Cameroonian restaurant. I was so excited. The following evening Tommy and I ate there—it was a restaurant full of Cameroonians, and then Tommy and I. It was wild because, naturally, it felt like we weren’t in Vienna anymore. The food, the music, the customers, the television playing music videos, everything was from Cameroon. Except for the beer; they served only German and Belgian beer. I was told that France is the only place you can get Cameroonian beer, anywhere else in France it is too expensive to ship it there.
I am sad to say that I only spent two evenings in the restaurant—somehow two weeks in Vienna seemed like two days, and then all of a sudden it was time to leave. The second evening I met a guy from Burkina Faso. When I asked him what he thought of Vienna, he said 'superbe.' When I asked him what he thought of the rest of Europe, his response was simply 'merd.' (**this opinion does not represent the opinion of all cameroonians in Vienna or Europe).


Advertisement



27th August 2006

what about the food there?
What about the Cameroonian food?is it delicious?

Tot: 1.825s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 1.5983s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb