Vienna


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
October 19th 2009
Published: November 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in the home of red bull... one straight shot of redbull straight up for andy and a cream puff for jen... We settled into wombats hostel and then it was off to dinner... Being Austria we had schnitzels for din dins! Jen Jen had chicken and Andy had Turkey... The restaurant was full up and there was only one waitress on the floor... she was super amazing and there were no waits only a couple of forgotten, or slow, drinks... For 6 Euros each we had a salad, a schnitzel, fries and a shot of frangelico! What a bargain! It was onto the Travel Shack after Dinner for a couple of quiet ones.... However the first jug of sex on the beach proved to be the only quiet one... after the third jug, shared beteen ourselves and Ola and Sylvia of course, we began the dreaded shots courtesy of Andys great ideas!! So Absinth was first on the list, and yes the Australian bar in Vienna knows exactly how to serve Absinth at its best! Lighting a sugar cube on fire and stiring it through the shot 10 of us at the bar consumed the deadly absinth... it was then pancake shots, snickers shots, leg opener shops, billions of shots and then guess what Jen spewed her guts up on the pavement out the front... And it was all pandys peer pressuring fault.... and yes we did do another one of those terrible absinth shots the second before I spewed!! The nest day Andy was terribly hungover but Jen was great!! So up at eleven Jen dragged Andys ass out of bed and off for a day of sightseeing. We visited both of Viennas Palaces, summer and winter, we walked all around the muesum quaters and the city, and last but not least purchased tickets for the opera!! Exactly what andy felt like doing when he was hungover and tired!! The evening was spent watching the imperial orchestra play mozart and strauss with the occasional opera singers and ballet dancers to make it more entertaining. All in all it was a good night!

The next day it was up bright and early for a bicycle wine tasting tour along the danube river. Out guide was an Australian guy, Adam, who had been living and working in Austria for 16 years.... We stopped at two vinyards and sampled many different wines... We enjoyed a lovely bbq lunch and rode many miles along the danube river... On the train on the way home it was more drinking.... Andy was well on his way!! When arriving back at the hostel Timmy was in town so we joined him at the schnitzel place, mozarts, for another schnitzel.... Jens food took over an hour and a half to arrive as the silly waitress on that night had no clue about anything!! Off to sleep early that night as our next destination was sure to be amazing... Venice


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



8th November 2009

=)
haha, no wonder poor Andy is hungover the next day....he still has all the shit in him Jen Jen!

Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb