Vienna!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
February 29th 2008
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got into Vienna by the Czech bus, which is amazing because it was cheap, comfortable, and we got free magazines and coffee!!! We got in and was welcomed by riot police outside the U-bahn (there was a demostration about Kosovo and there are alot of Serbs there). We walked to the hostel and ran into Dave from UF! Randomly walking down the same street... small world. Got to the hostel and decided to be lazy and laid around a bit and then later met up with Dave and went to a bar.

The next day we went to the zoo and had a picnic in the park with 3 different cheeses and bread and fruit. very clitche but nice. We went to the palace and walked around and then walked to the zoo which is right behind the palace, since Marie Theresa wanted a zoo there behind her palace. Walked around the zoo alot and saw alot of animals and that and then walked around the historical district as we ate some ice cream. It was a very clitche day but very enjoyable.

The next day we had a walking tour of the city and it was just the three of us so it was a private tour nonetheless! He was ok though... informative but not as lively as the others. Learned that the Habsburgs and that and how they gave the people a large park in order to appease them from not wanting a democracy (they did this after France turned into a democracy). Learned that the Soviets and Allies both chilled there. A piece of Brahmstrocker's Dracula was written there because that is where he learned of the story about the queen taking baths in the blood of virgins. Learned a bit about why alot of the architecture in Vienna was the way it was (world superpower, glory, will one day be victorious).

Then we left to Bratislava...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb