Austria is Awesome


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Upper Austria » Linz
October 7th 2007
Published: October 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

SteyrSteyrSteyr

This is an old building in the town of Steyr. The mural is beautiful.
So we took the train from Brussels to Frankfurt, then from there to Linz. We arrived in Linz on Saturday morning and Lukas was there to greet us. We then took another train to Molln, his hometown. His mother picked us up. We rested and had showers and such. Ham and cheese was for breakfast with bread. Then, we walked to the river and played cards. We had Tirolerknödel for lunch and it was good. Then there was cake and hot cocoa. We sang some Austrian and American songs with a guitar.

Then, Lukas took us to Steyr which is a little, old town nearby. They had cool old buildings and a castle and there were swans on the river. We walked about and got ice cream. Then, we went to a restaurant and I had lasagna because I was starving. The first restaurant was full. Anyway, then I wanted a banana split but they did not have bananas. Then I asked for the kiddie ice cream and that was gone too. Finally, I had a banana split with no bananas. So it was just a split. We skipped the swedish punk concert. We came home and played cards and
MonasteryMonasteryMonastery

This is part of the roof of the church we went to. It was beautiful.
danced and did other things. Niki played with us (Lukas' little brother). He is so funny. I was talking to Johan and then Lukas kidnapped me. He told Johan I was passed out drunk. Anyway, we are going today to see a monastery and a castle. Monica took alot of pictures. Today, we had scnitzel and potatoes and salad for lunch. It was good and we want to steal Lukas' mom to take back with us.

Monica made friends with the tailless cat and now it meows alot more. The country here is beautiful. The fall has started and so the trees are different colors. The mountains are gentle and sloping and beautiful. The houses are small and spread out. Anyway, I love it here and I love Lukas' family.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

MollnMolln
Molln

We went to Lukas' hometown of Molln, Austria. It was cute, small, and nestled right below the mountains. It reminded me alot of Tennessee.


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb