Berliner Hutte


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Mayrhofen
August 29th 2012
Published: September 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Berliner Way Hike


The Berliner Hutte is quite famous for its age and splendor. Its a huge hut and on this day it was completely full. We had hard time finding beds, but we were lucky as we are not as big as Germans 😉 - that's what the reception told us and gave us a separate room at price of dorm beds. The room was indeed tiny and it was in a separate part of hut which is called winter house. The view from room was really great - glacier covered mountains and huge waterfall. We met some nice German couples and exercised our German with them. The food at hut was not bad. We also found out that bridge to next hut was also out and way was officially closed. So that made the decision that we were not going to next hut. There was still a question on what to do next day. We could go up to the next pass and come back, or we could just get out of the valley.

Day 4: Yesterday talking to all the people, I was really tempted to spend one more day at the hut. The option was to climb some peak
3 glacieres3 glacieres3 glacieres

View of 3 glaciers together while going to the lake
or just go up to next pass at 2800+m to see the views. The weather though was suppose to turn bad soon. It was hard decision. The place is so beautiful that any number of days here are less. So in morning we had a good breakfast, packed out bags and left them at the hut. We decided to go up to schwarzsee lake, travelling light. Without pack, we made great time and were very soon on the lake. As we got higher, the view just got better and better. There were 3 - 4 glaciers that can now be seen together as part of a full range. Since we reached the lake fast, we decided to go up some more. The pass was far and there was no way to get there and be back to catch the bus on time.

The way out from Berliner hut was easy, its a wide road. On the way we saw some very beautiful flowers. It was awesome end to a really great trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb