Market Day


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Lienz
April 12th 2014
Published: April 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

This morning Peter and Miriam invited us into Lienz to the local Saturday markets. We wandered through the stalls while Peter and Myriam shopped for some farm fresh vegies. Myriam met Michele in town, one of her friends from Paris and it was such a beautiful day that we all went to a café for morning tea. Peter wanted icecream so he shouted Em to one too – shaped like a snowman!

Walking back through the markets, we bought some fresh bread and fruit and Myriam convinced us to buy some of the local pasta for tea – tortellini filled with garlic, herbs and mashed potato. Back to the farm for a late lunch and a bit of down time before Peter’s sister came over for afternoon tea and we were introduced. Em played for a bit with their 15 month old daughter while Mel cooked roast vegies and the pasta. It tasted great and was even a hit with Em so we can certainly recommend it.

Having no car has forced us to just chill out for these few days and it has been great. Our hosts have been amazing and we have been able to really experience the local way of life – at least the springtime way of life! They showed us pictures of winter with snow overhanging glacier-style off the edge of the roof with long icicles at the end. We can’t even really comprehend how cold that is!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb