Beautiful Bavaria


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Innsbruck
July 11th 2013
Published: July 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

<span><span>We are now in Bavaria, in Fussen and have had two days of driving thru the mountains to enjoy the exquisite views and Bavarian cuisine. The weather has been sunny and warm leaving a heat haze in many areas. Good temperatures for walking and hiking, which we did yesterday to a SKYWALK near Scheidegg. The view from 1000 meters was phenomenal and of course the workout was interesting. We also found out how quickly and loudly the emergency vehicles respond to fire of any source here in the mountains. We have also found that at the end of many strenuous walks (hikes) here in Germany, one can find a well-deserved beer!


<span> Fussen is a fascinating location for photographing the high palace, monastaries, churches, ancient graveyards and of course the beautiful Lech river. Limited vehicle access encourages walking and enjoying the sights and people. Faux painting on the high palace is incredibly lifelike.

<span><span>


<span> Within 10 Km. is the Neuschwanstein Castle (the inspiration for the Disney castles. It was built by King Ludwig II (also know as Mad King Ludwig).and the Hohenschwangau Castle (built by his father) as well as the Marienbricke bridge. The spectacular, beathtaking views from these points on the mountain is difficult to describe. It was a crystal clear day and we arrived in the early morning and avoided much of the crowd as well as the afternoon cloud cover that swept in. The daily attendance record set for this year so far was on May 1st at 14,000 visitors. The exterior of the castle and the surrounding grounds took our full attention and we did not explore the interior of the castle. We were glad that we had taken the bus to the area of the bridge and castle, the walk back down was more than enough workout for the day.

<span><span>




<span><span>




<span><span>


<span> As we leave Fussen and Germany to enter Austria, our concern has to be Where do we find a Go-Box? If we get on any tollroads without said Box, we are told the fines are exorbitant and instantaneous. The Go-Box is specifically needed for MHs and vehicles of certain sizes. After a few stop and gos, and 100 euros, we were successful and we continued on into Austria and the mountainous, twisting and steep roads. The rugged peaks, cloud banks, rock slides and ice packs still obvious make photography a must, but two hands on the wheel at all times is even more of a must. No sightseeing for the driver!!!! We are now camped east of Innsvruck and will be exploring the town of Hall and then head toward Salzburg.

<span>As we were about to upload this blog with many pics the laptop screen died. Consequently no images , but will work on a work around.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.307s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb