I Am 14 Going On 44.........


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg
August 1st 2008
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Sound Of Music called us to Salzburg, Austria, where we spent a few days and Jack’s 14th Birthday.
Jack’s Birthday was spent taking in the city of Salzburg, complete with a lunch at the Augustine’s Brewery which is a monastery dating back to the 17th century. Jack had a special ‘Happy Birthday’ sung in melodious voices from the next table to us; which was just as well as they sounded much better than our voices.

On our way from Salzburg to Wolfgansee we visited Hellbrunn Estate. This is an old palace with beautiful gardens, which contains trick fountains, it also originates from the 17th century. We had a guided tour in which the fountains come on unexpectedly and you get very wet. Luckily it was a warm day and getting a bit wet was quite refreshing.

The idea behind our visit to Wolfgansee was to have a relaxing few days camped by a lake. When we arrived it was warm and sunny. The weather quickly changed ,and we had 5 days of rain and more rain. This was where Carl spent his (xxth) birthday. Although the weather wasn’t great we had a nice night out at a pizza restaurant for his birthday. All in all, our time at Wolfgangsee was very relaxing, despite the weather.

Next destination was back to Germany, this time Munich. The weather improved and we had 3 nights in this vibrant, friendly city. Our sightseeing included the Deutches Museum which had a lot of hands on activities, the city centre, and a walk through the Englisch Gardens complete with a lunch at the beer garden.
They also had river surfing, which to us seemed a bit odd at first. They surf against the flow of the river. They had a competition whilst we were there. Carl even had a go and managed to stand up for a short while at least.

Then our destination was Bietigheim (again). This time to clean out the motor home and return it to the rental company. The challenge was to repack all our gear back into our suitcases after 10 weeks in the motor home.
Thanks again to Silke and Michael for opening their home to us and for their superb hospitality.

Next we’ll see you all in Ye Olde London Town.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.321s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb