One day snowboarding trip to Andorra


Advertisement
Andorra's flag
Europe » Andorra
January 10th 2015
Published: October 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

So I ended up moving in with a Norwegian snowboard fanatic and since she would not stop talking about snowboarding all winter - a colleague decided to do something about it and plan a snowboarding trip with a few other friends.

Since I had never gone snowboarding before I had nothing prepared but luckily my fanatic roommate had two sets off clothing, so I could borrow almost everything from her. Just rented the snowboard, boots and helmet in Andorra for around 20 euros which is so cheap compared to everywhere else in Europe.

Ski pass was the more expensive part - 40 euros for one day - but that is very doable with everything else being so cheap. There were five of us and we rented a big car since the rest of them were all pro and brought boards and all the gear - but it all turned out super cheap.

We got up at 4 in the morning and loaded our gear in the car. I was sleeping most of the way on the backseat but the drive was more or less 4 hours. When you get to Andorra the view is amazing, mountains and countryside roads with horses and snow on the mountain tops - and it was amazing weather as well.

We made a stop to rent gear and then went up to the slope, had a quick breakfast before we got going. It took a bit of practice on the childrens slope before I was ready to go, but luckily the rest of them were experienced and helped me out a lot.

Then I made it in to the lift really gracefully and up to the slope, without falling when getting out of the lift!! I will spare you all the details but the guys took turns teaching me different things and I had some really good runs but also a very soare body and especially bottom when finishing! We had perfect conditions, other than being one of the cheapest places to go in Europe it is also one of the sunniest and warmer places to go so you won't freeze too much.

We stayed until the sun went down behind the mountains and the lift closed around 5 in the afternoon. Before driving back we stopped in the city for some food, we ended up splitting up, some going for McDonalds and the rest of us found a small kebab place - Andorra de la Vella the city is basically just a big tax free shopping center. The drive back was long, we were all tired but really happy.

So if you are in Barcelona in wintertime - make a skiing/snowboarding trip up to Andorra! It is so easy to arrange and really really cheap! And it is so beautiful up there.
Later when I went to Malaysia they all went again for a whole weekend and also went to an amazing spa up there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb