"Sailing" - 1st June 2012


Advertisement
Published: June 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Di is up early again, and finally manages to get me out of bed. We then go for breakfast at the Solarium and set ourselves up in those comfy wicker chairs for a days sunbathing, the weather forecast is for sunny and breezy – 81 degrees F.

We have two days at sea now as we make our way back to Ft Lauderdale, which is about 1,100 miles. Although this is the biggest liner in the world, it just trundles along at around 28 miles an hour. This was brought home to me the other night when I was stood on the cabin balcony watching the seabirds. A black-headed gull that was flying parallel with the ship; quite easily overtook the ship, and it is not renown for being one of the fastest birds around!!

We sunbathe for most of the day, and cool off in the small pool from time to time.

We eat lunch in the Solarium Café and continue sunbathing, before going to the quiz at 15:15, didn’t do too well today.

As we are running out of time on the ship, we decide to take a ride on the moving bar that goes up three floors, we can tick that off the list now. Just the climbing wall to do now! (only joking!)

We go and get showered and changed and have our usual early dinner. We then take in a show called the “Blue Planet Production Show”, which is mixture of song and dance, trapeze and acrobatics. Yet again it is excellent, the entertainment on the ship has been of a very high standard.

We spend some time in the casino, but don’t have any luck! So we call it a night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb