RIHLIA #9


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
November 13th 2011
Published: November 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

TOPIC: Social Studies Free Write!
As we begin our journey into Q2, take some time this weekend to reflect on anything related to Social Studies. This is an opportunity for you to find your own article (can be current or old).

Also, feel free to end your journal by reflecting on our discussion about Q1 data. How do you personally want to move forward in Q2?

We support veterans day because it is an important day in society because of the people who fight for our country. We honor this because they are out there risking their lives to save our lifes. I believe it is important because I honor this in our society and look up to someone who doesn't even know me but are their risking and fighting for me. The article that I looked up was "acknowledging the veterans on their day in the limelight". This article showed how we honor the veterans with advertisement. Their is advertisement all over the place so we can raise money for the veterans who fight for us. All of these ads support the troops.

These organizations raise money for example the USO raises money for the troops. Also on the brand name of cheerios they have a box about the veterans which a certain percentage goes to the troops supporting us. Not only that but on Papa johns donated a dollar for each pizza a person orders online. The overall goal was to raise a million dollars within 12 months. Also on snacks they have a quote "eat.live.give" which means as you eat your living and as you buy your giving I believe this shows that as long as we buy a certain product we are giving to the soilders that fight for our country. I believe who ever came up with this idea of advertisement is a genus because this helps the veterans who fought for our country.

On Q1 data I would like to improve, I will do this by more participating and more studying.

Http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/business/media/acknowledging-our-veterans-on-veterans-day.html







Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb