Day 21: Last Day of Cruise


Advertisement
Published: May 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our last day on the ship! As usual, there was lots to do, including a final session with Sir Christopher Ball, a photo editing tutorial and a really great slide show presentation by the on-board group 'The Nikonians', who spent all their time attending workshops related to photography. Naturally all of their outings were focussed on picture taking, so their show was like something out of National Geographic. Eventually that slide show will be posted on-line, so I'll definitely share that link with everyone.

We had a wonderful 'last night' dinner, with baked alaska for dessert. Afterwards there was a final concert put on by all the ship performers. Even Bob was involved, as he was in a singing group that performed a Calypso round, which was lots of fun (in Nancy's opinion). It was a very special day for all of us, but especially for Bob, as it was his birthday! I believe he was under the impression that the special meal, the slide show, the evening performances, were all to honour him on his special day!

It is hard to believe that this trip is drawing to a close. We are so lucky to have had many interesting experiences and to have learned a lot more about Central America than we knew three weeks ago. However, we are looking forward to arriving in Florida tomorrow, then heading back home to beautiful B.C. See you all soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.503s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb