Day 19: At Sea


Advertisement
Published: May 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

A day at sea! A day to rest - aside from attending the various activities, lectures, on board the ship. I'll keep it short today. I attended a lecture on Coral Reefs: 'Amazingly Productive Ecosystems in a Sterile Sea', also 'Voluntourism: Life Changing Travel' - the latter gave us some really good ideas to think about. Other than the pre-port briefing on Cozumel, Mexico, and Bob's Spanish lesson, we took the rest of the day off.

In the evening, I attended 'Mark Twain Himself' presented by a fellow passenger - we certainly have many talented individuals on board! That offering was just one of eight I could have chosen at the same time. The highlight, after the Mark Twain presentation was a concert by Beleza with Madeline and Humberto delivering the music of Latin America. We enjoy them so much! ( Actually, right now as I catch up writing this blog, Bob is at a vocal workshop with Madeline, as his group is preparing a presentation for tonight, the last night, his birthday night, May 17th!)

On the 16th we'll have our last big field trip, to Chichen Itza, the UNESCO heritage Mayan ruins we'll be seeing in Mexico. Almost time to go home! Time has passed exceedingly quickly.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb