Day 15: At Sea


Advertisement
Published: May 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 15 At Sea

Nancy was up for the Yoga Rejuvenation class at 7:00 - it felt great - we’ve been pretty busy lately, so some good stretching was just what this body needed. Bob spent the morning working on a computer problem - we couldn’t post to the travel blog. Turned out to be their problem, not ours.

Nancy attended three sessions - the first was about Tourism and Sustainability in Central America, the second was about Mayan Cultural Practises, and the third was a session on ‘Writing’, with Don Fry. Bob did get to his Spanish class later in the morning - ’Aerobic Spanish - Activities and Animals’. He came back quite proud of his role as a Puma! He also attended a singing workshop put on by one of the entertainers. Apparently those attending were so good that they are now going to be performing a Calypso song on the last day!

Later in the afternoon we both attended the port briefing on Roatan. Now I understand about the Honduras - at one time there was Spanish Honduras (of which the island of Roatan is a part) and British Honduras, which later became Belize. Finally Nancy attended another yoga class - two in one day - and enjoyed this class out on deck in the setting sun.

At dinner, we were mixed in with students from Humber College in Ontario. They are all studying for careers in tourism, and so are here for a two week ’hands on’ type of program. It was enjoyable to be talking to such enthusiastic young people - and Canadians at that! After dinner, we listened to ‘our’ jazz trio, and played Quiddler with the Victoria couple.

Though it sounds as though we are busy (and we are) we do usually manage to sneak in some reading time out on deck in the afternoon. There is much going on that we don’t do - activities such as ’Salsa Dancing’, ’Scotch tasting’, ‘Contemporary Quilt Art’, ‘Youth Issues and Solutions’, etc. etc. etc.

Looking forward to Roatan tomorrow - half submarine ride over the coral reef should be good!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb