At sea...


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
January 22nd 2006
Published: January 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

What’s up everyone?
I finally have time to write a little something from the ship, though nothing exciting has really happened yet. Thank god for being out of the Bahamas.
It feels like it’s been a lot longer than only a couple days, but I’m finally on the ship! It’s such a myth when people say that you can’t feel the rocking of the ship. Apparently, this ship is going too fast or it is too small, but you can definitely feel the constant rocking! We all fall into each other as we stumble down the halls, both teachers and students are sea sick. Luckily the only sign of sea sickness I’ve gotten was extreme drowsiness, but I’m good now! It seems like everyone has been sick, kids run out of rooms, teachers slur their words as they try to give presentations, it’s mayhem. OH! and Liz tries to run on the treadmill and is constantly falling off! (yeah, it’s a sight 😊 I have to keep one hand on the wall and then kind of maneuver a grape vine thing with a couple of hops, it’s fun, really!
So far everything has been great: the rocking of the ship lulls me to sleep at night, it’s so freaking peaceful. The ocean is beautiful! It’s so weird to be out in the middle of nowhere and be able to see the aqua blue ocean as far as the eye can see.

…Glacier! Every once in awhile, a huge wave hits and feels like a glacier just hit us! Today was actually the first day that the sun was out, though everyone lays out on the decks, reads, or eats out there no matter what the weather is like (especially the sluts in the bikinis when it’s cold and windy. C’mon, I know they’re freezing, I’m sitting in pants and a sweatshirt..)

So, we are almost in Puerto Rico, we get into port on Monday (it’s Saturday right?) Funny how you lose track of time out in this vast place of nothingness but the ocean and the sky..so I guess it’s not really nothingness, it’s gorgeous!

Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you guys soon. Hey, I’ll try to put pictures up soon, but you know how Liz is on follow through…



Advertisement



22nd January 2006

Amazing liz i hope you have a wonderful trip. So far it seems like you are having a awesome time so good luck to you, be dafe and i'll talk to you soon. Lomas
23rd January 2006

yeah training!!!
the treadmill story is bleeding hilarious!!! keep up the training regime!! Hahaha. Keep having a blast.
23rd January 2006

hrrrmmm
ok so i decided that i would post on this thing for you but then decided that i am going to e-mail you here on out so that you respond to me as well...amen for your good short time so far...and hell if anything those girls have courage for wearing their bikinis in cold weather...they should have an ice swimming contest...if there is such a thing...girl you look like a good time and trouble with a bottle of alcohol...love you...
25th January 2006

good luck
Lizard!! I am glad you are having a great time. It would be great to see some pics. Tim and I miss you -- the gym is definitely not the same without you there!! Good luck with your classes and especially with the running!! Love you!! Stef

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb