Day 2&3


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
November 10th 2008
Published: November 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 2:
(Second day at sea) started out with lots of sunshine by the pool. We had a great lunch outside and bathed in the sun for many hours. At 2:00 we went for a wine tasting in the formal dinning room and had an hour long lesson in old world vs new world wines. We tried 5 different wines and found we really liked—Spellbound from California. We had a nice time talking with another couple from Niagra Falls--they were both engineers with kids about our age. That seems to be the youngest people we meet (people with kids our age). We had a nice dinner and then both of us were feeling a lot of motion from the boat. We went back to the room and the situation worsened and in the middle of the night Jesse was praying to the porcelain god a few times. That started off a slow start to day 3…

Day 3:
We got onto the island around 9:00 and were standing on Orient Beach by 9:30. It was a beautiful day and the water was delightfully warm. We enjoyed the views of many many many nude old people—no paddleball playing this time, bummer. We had lunch at a Mexican beach hut with a crazy long haired, tequila pouring bartender. After several hours on the beach we headed back into town to check out the jewelry shops. We had several recommended shops from two knowledgeable gem-people from our ship. We made a few purchases that you will see when we return  Now we are back on our ship and enjoying the motion of the ocean again….hopefully we’ll be able to keep dinner down this time! Tomorrow is our zip-lining in St. Lucia, whahoooo!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb