Cruise - Grand Turk


Advertisement
Published: January 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

19thDec



Grand Turk



What a difference a day makes. LOVE Grand Turk. It’s a beautiful little island and straight away, you get a good feeling about the place. It really is small, we (J&J and us) took a tour up to the top of the island to the light house and it’s only a 15min drive (at the most). Donkeys and Horses reign supreme and are everywhere roaming free on the island. They used to be used for transporting the salt that was imported from here, but since that stopped, they were set free and allowed to reproduce and live on their own accord. After a visit to the light house we had some time to browse in ‘down town’. The shopping area. Beautiful and simple little stalls. WE had ‘conch’ for lunch and then went to a beach away from the crowds for a relaxing swim where we found sea urchins everywhere. Had to be careful not to step on them. We finished off our stay there with a drink each. Phil a $10.00 gin and tonic and me a $9.00 banana and mango smoothie (Thanks J&J). Suffice to say we did not know the prices before we ordered. Oh well, supporting the local economy I guess.



Back to the port area that has been purpose built by ‘Carnival’ for it’s cruise ships. Full of duty free shops, art and craft, and a pool with swim up bar. All very touristy. We sped through and got back on the ship for showers and sundowners. Watched us depart before having dinner up at the buffet. Dinner has been amazing each night, and such a variety to choose from, but sometimes it’s nice not to have to dress up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.391s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb