St. Martin Beach Villa


Advertisement
Published: February 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Blue Beach VillaBlue Beach VillaBlue Beach Villa

Located directly on Long Beach, this is a view of the "carriage house". It was set on the other side of the pool from the main house. Two bedrooms and two baths over there.
Our family of seven, Mom, Dad, Aunt, Uncle and three children rented a villa on the beach in St. Martin for the week. We elected to stay on the French side of the island. We thought the food would be better? Not really, the villa choices were better and allowed us a beautiful spot directly on Long Beach. Not a short drive from the airport, but our villa representatives met us at the airport, helped us acquire rental cars, and led us through a maze of dirt roads to our final destination. On our way there I had thoughts of panic. The island was very poor looking along the way and I was worried I had led my family astray. Was our island paradise going to be an island nightmare? Did I mention how hot it was?

Not to worry, our beach house(s) were everything we hoped. Although, we would later discover that our beach villa was the very best part of the island. Our villa was basically two houses, four bedrooms, living room, full kitchen, five baths, veranda, large pool, and laundry room. The property sat directly on the beach. Long Beach is never crowded, and I mean never.
Beach VillaBeach VillaBeach Villa

We spent all of our time right here in the outdoor living room. The view was ocean beautiful.
We were there for seven nights and counted less than five other people on the beach the whole time.

Other note worthy activities include an all day excursion on the “Random Wind” sailboat. Captain Leary and Joni were the very best guides and kept us well occupied with Polar beer from Venezuela. Throughout the week we visited almost every beach on the island including Orient, which was very beautiful but much over-rated. Our favorite was Friar’s Beach and Happy Bay. The kids were worried they would be embarrassed if they ran into naked people. No worry, not a nude soul in sight.

St. Martin and Sint Maarten is not a community of peoples prospering from tourism. Also, this is not a “lush tropical” destination. The water is beautiful, the horizon at sunset breathtaking, the sand is white and soft. We are a family that has recently discovered that we enjoy vacations of tropical island paradise. St. Martin goes on our list, but lands at the bottom. From best to worst: Bora Bora, French Polynesia, Kauai, Hawaii, Oahu, Hawaii, Aruba, and finally St. Martin/Sint Maarten. But check out the pictures cause even our least favorite island beats a cold
Long BeachLong BeachLong Beach

Long Beach is beautiful and deserted. The 5 star resort La Sammana is in the distance (white buildings). We say plenty of starfish in the ocean over there.
day back home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

View from VerandaView from Veranda
View from Veranda

In the distance there was a military ship "playing manuevers" out to sea.
The Random WindThe Random Wind
The Random Wind

Captain Leary and Joni were our guides for a whole day sailing around the island. Outstanding!
Marigot BayMarigot Bay
Marigot Bay

Overlooking the French town of Marigot.
Orient BayOrient Bay
Orient Bay

The color of the water is incredible.
StunningStunning
Stunning

Views of island beauty
Our Villa from the WaterOur Villa from the Water
Our Villa from the Water

You can see the size of the property when viewed from the water. We took this photo from the "Random Wind".


22nd May 2007

wow!
these pictures are ... breath taking they are beautiful wow! great work!!!!!!!!!

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb