Windwardside


Advertisement
Published: December 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Rum Runner SailingRum Runner SailingRum Runner Sailing

The weather was so nice that we actually sailed to all the islands in the Grenadies- so perfect!
The trade winds calmed down significantly, giving us a glorious week to explore the Southern Grenadines. Our first stop was a secluded anchorage behind Mayreau Garden, on the Windwardside of Mayreau. We worked our way between the island and the reef until we found a perfect spot- right near the beach. It was beautiful and serene. But most importantly we had the anchorage all to ourselves, not another boat in sight. It was so nice to get away from all the crowds, all the charter boats, and all the boat boys. We haven’t had an anchorage to ourselves since we were in Turks and Caicos over 9 months ago- holy cow! The Caribbean is very crowded. So it was nice to just get away. We spent the day reading books, fishing off the boat, snorkeling the reef, and walking on the beach. It was lovely, and very peaceful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

KonaKona
Kona

Kona loving the beach- we have it all to ourselves!
FishingFishing
Fishing

Kona is a great fishing buddy!


12th December 2008

kona
I love Kona's haircut! Merry Christmas - the islands look glorious!

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 28; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb