Carnival


Advertisement
Published: July 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

So Monday and Tuesday this week were carnival. There have been, and still are lots of parties going on for carnival, but Monday and Tuesday were bank holidays and it was when the people got in their costumes and did the parade. There's not much to say, but I got a lot of photos.

The costumes were pretty cool, although they are around £800 each for a bikini and feathers really. It was fun to watch and the crowds weren't too bad, so we got a really good view. Monday was really good, and that's where all the pictures are from. The whole thing was meant to start around 11am, but nothing happened until about 1pm. That's just St Lucia time. Tuesday wasn't as good. I think all the people must have been very tired or hungover, because they were mixed up in their groups, people were missing half their costume, and no one was really dancing. So it wasn't as great to watch. It also didn't really start until 3pm. I'm not sure when the proper start time was, but it was very late. The streets were also much busier and it took ages to walk back to the car when it was over.

If you're in St Lucia, it is worth going to watch for a bit, but some people travel from other Caribbean Islands and the USA to watch and take part, and it just wasn't that good or organised. There were no proper dance routines, everyone was just doing their own thing. I don't think I'd come back specifically for carnival.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

SAM_10011SAM_10011
SAM_10011

Even older people with walking sticks took part
IMG_20180716_133633IMG_20180716_133633
IMG_20180716_133633

Close to the action


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb