Wedding in Puerto Rico


Advertisement
Published: January 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I arrived ahead of everyone else to make sure everything was prepared for the wedding. I stayed at a great little guesthouse in Old San Juan called Posada San Francisco where I met a lot of great people to hang out with during the week. Mostly I searched for little trinkets to put in welcome bags. I thought Puerto Rico would be cheap like central america, but Old San Juan was not at all. I ended up taking a bus about an hour away to a market to buy things. It was an adventure, but it was worth it. Everything was about a third of the cost and the exact same stuff. Part of the group arrived on Thursday to spend the day in Old San Juan, so we went out to a salsa club. Andrew actually danced with me! Friday, we loaded up and headed to Casa Cubuy on the south side of the rainforest. There was a little drama there with the owners upon arrival. I won't go in to that, but they are horrible property managers. Anyway, the lodge was perfect... rustic and away from it all, but still relaxing. We had some of our own hiking paths and waterfalls from the lodge. It was really great having the whole property to ourselves. The rest of the group arrived Friday night, we sat around talking all evening, and Saturday was the Wedding day. The wedding was absolutely perfect. I loved everything about it. The lodge was a great location for what we wanted. It was fun and relaxing, and the food was FANTASTIC(catered by Soleil Beach Club in Pinones). It did rain during the wedding and for the 2 hours before when we were supposed to take pictures(only time it rained the whole trip... figures), but it didn't ruin anything. Bryan still managed to get some phenomenal pictures!! It was a rainforest after all so I expected rain. On sunday, we went for a little hike and then took the ferry to Vieques Island for a few days. Vieques was BEAUTIFUL. We stayed at Malecon House in Esperanza. It was a gorgeous little boutique hotel and they even upgraded us to an amazing room overlooking the water. Our days on Vieques consisted of relaxing at secluded beaches, snorkeling and hanging out at beach bars. It was wonderful and I think everyone loved the Island.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



18th January 2013

Congratulations!
What a beautiful place for a wedding. Wish you two all the best. Happy Travels!

Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb