Condado/Holiday Inn Express


Advertisement
Published: February 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent one week on the Condado district of San Juan, Puerto Rico, and really enjoyed it. There are really no surprises when going to Puerto Rico, as in culture. Everything that on the mainland of the US is also in Puerto Rico, plus. You name it, it's in Puerto Rico, from Chili's Restaurants, Chicago Uno Pizzeria, casinos huge shopping malls, Wal-Mart, Target, Barnes and Noble. It's all there.

In the Condado district it is quite safe to walk around pretty much at any hour of the day or night. There are major resort hotels right on the beach, such as Radisson, Marriott, Condado Plaza. In the way of places to eat there are numerous places in the area, many right on Ashford Avenue, whichis the main street. One place that I often recommend to people is the Greenhouse restaurant at the Diamond Palace Hotel and Casino. This location has great food for very reasonable prices. It is on the corner of Condado avenue and Ashford Avenue, right across the street from Walgreen's.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel on Mariano Ramirez Bages and Ashord. It is not on the beach, but less than a five minute walk to the beach. This property is a decent place, especially if you are on somewhat of a budget. Remember, hotels in Puerto Rico can be very pricey, and Puerto Rico is not an all-inclusive island. There is one all-inclusive property in Puerto Rico. A good example of a pricey hotel is the Marriott in Condado, which has rooms starting at over $200 per night plus taxes. The Holiday Inn Express has rooms starting around the $139 per night plus taxes. There is a small pool at this hotel and the room comes with a large continental breakfast daily.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb