Panama Give Back Program


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Panamá
December 6th 2012
Published: March 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

December 6, 2012

Karen Kass and Linda Schreiber of Starship Travel

San Jose Malambo Orphanage in Panama

We had the privilege of joining Funjet Vacations on a very special visit to the San Jose Malambo Orphanage in Panama for the give back program.

We arrived at the Orphanage to smiling faces of these beautiful children being taken care of at this wonderful facility. The grounds and buildings were well maintained and colorful, decorated for the start of the Holiday Season. What impression us most was how well the kids were dressed with very clean shoes or new. The girls' hair was decorated with ribbons and bows for the Holiday festivities. The agents received Reindeer Antlers to wear for the party. Some of the girls hair were decorated with ribbons or bows for the occasion! We all received “reindeer antlers to wear in the spirit of the party.

The party room was decorated and Santa was waiting with open arms to talk to and greet all the kids. Pizzas were brought in by the dozens, along with drinks being served and decorated cupcakes for desserts. The clown was funny and fun, he was able to involve all the kids in various games…the smiles on the kids’ faces were emotional to see, and we all felt their joy.

Funjet brought in goodie bags for each of the kids…and us, the visitors too! What a treat to receive this memorable gift from Funjet Vacations.



Karen and I have many grandchildren in the age range of the little ones; it was extremely emotional to all of us when we had to say good-bye to this wonderful afternoon. How many of the kids did we want to take home? All of them!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb